Hidden Springs Homestead may earn a commission for purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn More.
This easy, quick Mandarin Orange Pound Cake recipe is not only moist and delicious it’s low carb and gluten-free!
When we began our Keto diet, I knew my baking options would be limited. So I’m often in the kitchen trying out new ways of baking desserts. And this homemade cake recipe from scratch is a HUGE SUCCESS!!
Its buttery smooth texture makes it perfect for breakfast with a hot cup of coffee or a dinner dessert anytime.
It makes the perfect holiday dessert deserving to be served on any holiday dessert menu. If you love mandarin oranges and looking for gluten-free, this recipe is perfect for you.
Mandarin Orange Pound Cake Recipe
Let’s face it, who doesn’t love dessert? I know my grandsons would prefer to start with dessert before their meal. But I take this as a compliment because they don’t know that all snacks, cakes, and cookies, including the brownies they have at Nana’s house, are sugar-free and good for them.
Why should a cake recipe taste like cardboard, as my husband describes it when it’s a healthy dessert? Fortunately, this homemade cake recipe is perfectly delicious!
How Do You Store Pound Cake After Baking?
If stored at room temperature, pound cake will last about 2-3 days on the counter. It should be wrapped tightly with aluminum foil or plastic wrap and then put into an airtight container.
Pound cake can be stored in the refrigerator if wrapped in plastic or foil for up to one week. It can be stored in the freezer for six months safely.
YOU WILL LOVE MY: Quick Start Guide to Freezing Foods Safely
At our house, Mandarin Orange pound cake normally doesn’t last long; it’s eaten way before it begins to dry out or needs to be stored.
RELATED: I’ve put together a list of 25 Pumpkin Cake recipes. Not all, but many are gluten-free or Vegan.
More gluten Free Desserts
- Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Easy Keto Cheesecake Cupcakes
- Apple Cinnamon Muffins
- 21 Recipes for Pumpkin Cookies
- 13 Easy & Delicious Pumpkin Roll Recipes
- 5 Eggs, (room temperature)
- 3/4 Erythritol cup, (can substitute with other sweetener)
- 1/2 cup melted Grass Fed Butter
- 8 oz Mandarin Oranges, unsweetened and drained
- 1/4 cup Juice from Mandarin Oranges
- 2 cups Almond Flour, (heavily blanched)
- 1/4 cup Coconut Flour
- 1 tbs. Baking Powder
- [1 ½ cups Swerve (confectioners sugar)
- 3 tbs. Orange Juice, unsweetened
- Preheat Oven to 350°. Line a 9x5 inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- With a potato smasher or your hands, smash Mandarin Oranges up into small pieces - set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, lightly beat eggs with Erythritol, then add melted butter, orange juice and smashed oranges. Stir until mixed well.
- In a second mixing bowl, mix all dry ingredients until well blended.
- Next, with a large fork, form a whole in the center of dry ingredients and slowly pour in liquid ingredients. Stir and mix until a smooth cake batter forms with no lumps.
- Pour cake batter into parchment lined loaf pan.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool for 20 minutes and remove from loaf pan; set out on cooling rack or clean towel. Allow to set for 3 hours.
- Once pound cake is at room temperature, to touch, mix glaze ingredients and decoratively drizzle homemade pound cake.
Baking time can vary depending on your oven. Be sure to test with toothpick in the center. Once it comes out dry, pound cake is done.