Hidden Springs Homestead may earn a commission for purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn More
Chewy Chocolate Cookies
Do you love delicious made from scratch chewy chocolate cookies? I know I do and so do the kids. I get a hankering from time to time for something sweet and this recipe just hits the spot. It’s quick, it’s easy, it’s delicious!
A lot of recipes say they are “chewy” but when they cool, they remind me of a hard bricks or that’s the case I’ve experienced. I could but chewy cookies from the grocery market, but who know’s what is in them? This chocolate cookie recipe is just that – they are moist and chewy even when cooled. And since it is a made from scratch recipe, I feel more comfortable with the kids eating them. I know exactly what’s in them.
Knowing I’m not going to win the prize for the prettiest cookie or being uniquely different. It will stand out to your family though as a chewy chocolate cookie that really is chewy. Its also delicious and has an extraordinary flavor. The walnuts are optional, but we love them.
- 1 1/4 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract (I like real vanilla)
- 2 cups All-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Hershey cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Black walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, (I use my KitchenAid Mixer) cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Pour in eggs and then add vanilla
- In a separate bowl mix together dry ingredients: flour, cocoa powder, backing soda, salt and walnuts (optional) – mix well with a spoon and gradually add into the creamed mixture slowly
- Using a teaspoon, drop dough onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet
- Bake for 11 minutes in preheated oven. Cookies will be soft and slightly doughy when taken out of oven
- Let cool on cookie sheet for 2-4 minutes and then remove and place on a cookie rack to allow to cool completely
- Store in an air-tight container
Wa-La! Super easy chewy chocolate cookies! I chuckled at myself when I put in #8 – store in air-tight container. With 3 growing boys here homemade cookies normally don’t last long enough to need a container. Nothing fancy, just a plain old chewy chocolate cookie with walnuts.
By the way, just in case you don’t like chocolate cookies, you might enjoy my Triple Chocolate Oreo Crumble instead.
Please feel free to share with in the comment section below what favorite cookie does your family enjoy?
Save for Later: