We eat a lot of chicken around her at our house and I am always looking for ways to cook it just to change things up a bit. I’ve been looking at Pinterest and online recipe blogs, trying several different pot pie recipes. The boys are my friendly critics in whether it is good or not. I’ve “concocted” this one from 3-4 different ones I’ve tried. They wipe it out when I cook it, so I can assume that it is good.
Try it out and let me know what you think?
Quick and Easy Chicken Pot Pie
1 package Pillsbury Pie Crust, at room temperature
3 cups boiled Chicken – shredded
2- cans Cream of Chicken 10 oz.
1 cup shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1 can Green Peas
1 can Carrots – sliced
1 small Onion – chopped
4 tbsp. Butter – melted
1/2 cup of water from boiled chicken
1 tbsp. Garlic Powder
1/4 tsp. Crushed dried Celery leaf
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 13×9 (3 quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together, shredded chicken, cream of chicken soup, mozzarella cheese – stir well.
- Add to mixture, peas, carrots, garlic powder and celery leaf- mix well.
- Sautee chopped onions in melted butter until soft and translucent.
- Pour mixture into baking dish and smooth out. Place Pillsbury Pie Crust on top of mixture and cut slits into crust to vent.
- Place in preheated oven and back for 40-45 minutes until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Serve hot.