Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 2- 4×8 Loaves or a single 8×8 Pan
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- 3-4 medium bananas, blackened,(the softer, the better)
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup butter, softened (not margarine)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups 100% Whole Grain Wheat Flour, I use (King Arthur Flour)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp sour cream (or Greek yogurt)
- 1 cup black walnuts
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup 100% Whole Grain Wheat Flour, I use (King Arthur Flour)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 6 Tbsp butter, cold
- In a small bowl, mash bananas, brown sugar, vanilla extract, and ground cinnamon, whisk until well mixed – set aside
- In a larger mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy
- Add in eggs and beat until mixed
- To your wet mixture, sift in flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir until combined
- Add in sour cream and black walnuts
- Combine mashed banana mix into large bowl of ingredients
- Pour into baking pan(s)
- Combine ground cinnamon, Whole Wheat flour, and brown sugar, mix well.
- Cut butter with a pastry knife and mix all ingredients until the topping looks like coarse crumbs. Sprinkle evenly over cake batter.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until cake tester comes out clean with just a few crumbs from the topping.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes. Move to a wire cooking rack.